Salvation According to the Bible
In today's world, there are so many "paths" to salvation. According to the Bible, though, there is just one. That path is through the blood of Jesus. The Bible tells us that man is seperated from God because of his sin (Isaiah 59.1-2), but it is only the blood of Jesus that bridges that gap through it's cleansing power (1 John 1.7).
The New Testament provides a clear direction on how we are able to access the blood of Christ. The simple answer is through the obedience of faith (Hebrews 5.9). The New Testament records the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is through Him that we have access to God the Father (John 14.6). And it is God who desires our salvation (1 Timothy 2.4).
So how are we able to access the blood of Christ? The language is clear:
- Belief and faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and our Savior through reading and studying the Word (Romans 10.17; John 8.24)
- Repentance of a life ruled by sin and changing to a life of obedience in righteousness (Acts 17.30; Luke 13.3)
- Public confession that Jesus is the Son of God (Matthew 10.32-33; Romans 10.8-10)
- Be buried with Christ Jesus through baptism (Mark 16.16; Acts 2.38; Acts 22.16; Romans 6.4; 1 Peter 3.21)
- Then live our lives in faithfulness to God and His will for our lives. (John 14:15; Revelation 2:10; Titus 2:11-14)